Consider This...

observations of a stay-at-home momma and one hard working daddy
(mostly cute things that our boys have done with some commentary from our worldviews)

Thursday, September 26, 2013

It's Been So Long...

from the beginning of 2012...

It has been so long since I have blogged. It seems like the past six months have been so...very...busy!

In December, I traveled with dear friends to China to bring home our fourth son, Graham. It was an amazing trip! God was so very good to us, and He showed Himself on numerous occasions! We are so blessed to have such wonderful friends, and I am so very thankful to have returned home with our sweet one before Christmas!

Speaking of which...I feel like I missed Christmas this year! :( I know I didn't really, but I think I like the weeks leading up to Christmas about as much as I like the actual day. It was all worthwhile, and we did have a wonderful holiday!

Graham has adjusted so very well!...much better than we could ever have imagined! We are awaiting results from an EEG, and we are seeing a pediatric cardiologist next week. He loves his brothers, and he knows John and I are "mama" and "dadada"! I just love him, and I am so glad that God saw fit to make us his family!

Homeschooling John Isaac and Jeffery has gone well this year. They are reading well for their age, and they are interested in new words, spelling, and silliness! We are experiencing some period of adjustment with the arrival of a new little brother, but things are still going well.

John and I have recently decided to move toward Louisville. John has made the plea that we not live in Jefferson county. Though I would love to be there, I am just so excited that we will be moving closer. We are hoping to be in Mt. Washington, Taylorsville, or Bardstown. Each of those locations is around 30 minutes from my mom and dad. They are also "on the way" in the case that John decides to go back to school. He loves school, and I love him!

I am so completely emotional about this move. It is something that I have wanted for such a very long time! I remember, before John and I were engaged, he took me to Tom's Grill in Murray one night on a date. While sitting there, we began to talk about the "what ifs" of marriage. John was feeling me out a bit about whether or not I would be in for such an adventure. He made humble promises, we laughed, and enjoyed our time together. I remember throwing in a caveat...half joking, half serious...I told him I could absolutely be all in so long as we lived in Louisville. With absolutely no hesitation he said we could, and that was that! Within a week, he was on one knee, on the steps of Pogue Library, shaking as if he were worried that I might say no.

God has taught us so much about each other, ourselves, and Himself along the way. I know that we have so much more to learn! I find myself so very thankful for John. We are seriously all in! He has kept his humble promises, he still makes me laugh, and I still enjoy spending time with him. Now as then, he is my very best friend. He was crazy to worry!

No comments: